Face of the Day: yes this is an actual thing! It’s like an Outfit of the Day (OOTD) but with makeup instead of clothes. I thought this would be a fun concept to try out because I used some different colours on my face today.
Generally I stick to peachy and pink colours, but I was in a brown mood today. I think this was all inspired by the rich brownish plum lip liner I bought from Etude House recently. I liked it so much that I wore it as a lipstick! I don’t usually go for dark colours (brown/grey/black) because I have bad dark circles and sunken eyes, and dark colours just make this look worse. When I do wear brown it has to be quite light or shimmery to lift my eyes.
- Etude House Auto Lip Liner in Soft Rose
- Etude House matte light brown eyeshadow in Look at My Eyes Cafe, Cafe Latte
- Aritaum light brown shimmer eyeshadow in Mono Eyes no. 52
My base products which I use every day are:
- Moisturiser – Aveeno or a natural moisturiser
- ELF primer
- Revlon colorstay foundation
- ELF eyebrow tint in Ash
- ELF clear eyebrow gel
- Shiseido/Moisture Mist black waterproof liquid eyeliner
- Maybelline black waterproof curling mascara (various kinds)
- Missha blusher
- ELF all over cover stick in Persimmon
- The Face Shop mango seed eye cream
- Mac Pro Longwear Concealer in NW20
- ELF under eye setting powder
Is brown your favourite makeup colour? What do you think of this look?