Hi everyone! More Korean makeup on the blog today (can you tell I’m a little obsessed?!) I saw this post by NZ blogger and Youtuber Charli Marie, and it reminded me of how expensive beauty products are in New Zealand! I’ve been a little spoilt living in Korea this year. I thought I would do a response post with my latest Etude House and The Face Shop hauls (which ended up coming to roughly $120NZ). I will be moving back home in a few months and I doubt I will be able to afford makeup for a while, so I’m doing all my shopping in Korea!
I bought all the Etude House products online through GMarket (deliver to Korea and internationally) and I bought all The Face Shop products in store, down the road from my work. You can also buy The Face Shop products online through GMarket. If you’re in New Zealand, The Face Shop has a store on Queen Street in Auckland.
- Etude House free gift! I think every cosmetics stores give you a free gift if you spend over 35,000 won. Travel pack including: Super Collagen moisture essence, Milky You cleansing foam, Raspberry & Cranberry body wash, Sunprise SPF50 sunscreen. Love! This will definitely be coming on our 3 week Japan trip
- Etude House Kissful Lip Concealer – great for achieving that Korean nude lip and inner lip tint look
- Etude House Love Me Forever Perfume – nice everyday floral scent. Beautiful packaging!
- Etude House Fresh Cherry lip Tint – red/pink lip colour which lasts all day 🙂 has a nice ‘jelly’ type texture before it dries
- Etude House Soft Touch Auto Lip Liner in Soft Rose – some backup lip liners because I love this product so much
- Etude House Lip & Eye Remover – haven’t tried this yet but hopefully it removes waterproof mascara well enough
- Etude House Look at My Eyes Cafe eyeshadow in Cafe Latte – I accidentally bought this even though I already have it. The colour looked different online. It’s a good basic light brown though so I’ll either keep it or give it away
- Etude House Sweet Sweet white lace nail stickers – I wasn’t sure about buying these because they might look too tacky. I really want to find a way to make them look nice and a bit classy
- Etude House Play 101 Pencil – 4x new versatile pencils. I’ve done a review of these here
- The Face Shop free gift! Floral cleansing foam, Orchid body cleanser and lotion, Cherry Blossom shampoo samples.
- The Face Shop FaceIt Artist Cube Highlighter in Shade 01 – haven’t tried this yet but the tones look quite nice
- The Face Shop Lip Tint Stick in 02 Sweet Cherry – a replacement for my current version which is almost out. They updated the packaging which is nice. I love this lip tint because its super creamy but doesn’t come off when you eat or drink. Its not drying but it lasts all day. Apply once or twice for a subtle colour, or apply more for an intense neon pink.
- The Face Shop Touch My Lip Liner – another lip liner, bought because I was wondering if this would be a redder colour compared to the Etude House version
- The Face Shop Chia Seed Sebum Control Moisture Cream – I don’t really know why I bought this because I don’t have oily skin! Hopefully the moisture will still be good for my very dry skin though. I love eating/drinking chia seeds and this is a very trendy product right now, so I thought why not!? There was also a 1+1 gift promotion so I figured I could use it as a gift or include it in a giveaway. Also, the packaging is so cute and arty! Love the illustration style.
- The Face Shop Make Me Star brown shimmer waterproof eyeliner (not in photo, oops) – wearing this now. I love the shimmer because matte browns are just too dark for my pale skin and sunken eyes. The formula lasts a looong time too
What do you think of these products? Are there any you’ve tried or any you want me to review? Let me know in the comments 🙂