It’s been over 6 weeks since I last published a post on Amber Eyes, and I feel so guilty! It was a hard decision to make but I needed to do it because of all the big changes which happened quite quickly.
Since my last post I have:
- Taught my last ESL classes at ECC
- Spent a few weeks saying goodbye to Gwangju
- Packed up my life in Gwangju and sent home 5 (big) boxes full of clothes, makeup and gifts
- Spent 4 days in Seoul, shopping, relaxing and eating amazing food
- Left Korea!
- Flew to Japan and spent an absolutely amazing 3 weeks in Osaka, Kyoto, Hiroshima, Miyajima, Okayama and Tokyo. Best holiday of my life!
- Flew back to New Zealand
- Settled in to a new home in a new city (living with Rob’s parents in Devonport, Auckland)
- Started my exciting new fashion job and loving it!
It’s all been a bit of a whirlwind and I still haven’t had a chance to relax and catch my breath yet. I’m excited about settling in to my new home, finding out more about North Shore and Auckland, figuring out the best places to eat and hang out in summer, trying out more NZ beauty products and catching up with old (and new) friends.
I also have a few giveaways coming up, involving items from Japan and Korea. Keep a look out!
I have a whole heap of posts planned about leaving Korea, my holiday in Japan and my makeup and clothes purchases! Those will be coming in the next few days and weeks.
In the meantime, here is a brief visual update of the last 6 weeks of my life:
Bye bye students:
Saying goodbye to Korea. Seoul time:
Exploring beautiful Kyoto:
People watching in Tokyo:
Home again! Takapuna Beach in Auckland, close to where I work and live: