This week’s Monday must-haves is focussed on makeup! I joined a beauty group on Facebook (Shaaanxo’s group) and I’ve been watching far too many Wayne Goss videos on Youtube and now there are a whole bunch of things I really need! At the moment I’m really obsessed with finding the right colour for my eyebrows, as well as creating a more ‘glowy’ skin look. My favourite foundation (Revlon Colorstay) is really matte and dry because of it’s long-wearing properties. I love that it lasts so long but I would be much happier with my skin if it looked more summery and fresh. The Nars and MUFE foundations, as well as the NYX glow mist would probably help a lot!
- F Lash eyelash growth serum. I’ve been wanting to try an eyelash growth serum for years, but they’re so expensive and I’ve always been worried about the active ingredient changing my eye colour. F Lash is a lot cheaper, is easily available in NZ, has the same ingredients as the expensive brands and has some great reviews from NZ bloggers. Must try it when I get back home!
- MAC eyebrow pencil in Fling. This was recommended by Wayne Goss (so addicted to his channels at the moment!) and looks pretty similar to my Clinique pencil, but this is supposed to be more of an ash blonde colour which I really need. Eyebrow products are either too brown or too yellow for me. Hopefully I can test this MAC product out in Korea or Japan, otherwise I’ll just wait for home.
- NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk. This was another Goss recommendation, but I’ve also seen it raved about online for a long time. It’s designed to be used as an eyeshadow but it works best as a shadow base. It’s super creamy and pigmented and makes your shadow colours really pop.
- Make Up Forever HD Foundation. Another Goss favourite! (Notice the trend?) This looks so natural in the videos I’ve seen and goes on really smoothly. The only thing I’m not sure about is that it has no SPF? Maybe I’ll just get an SPF primer to wear with it 🙂
- NARS sheer glow foundation. I’ve been wanting to try this for about a year now but haven’t had the money. Will need to decide between this and the MUFE foundation. Maybe both if I don’t spend too much in Japan!
- NYX Dewy Finish Make Up Setting Spray. A lot of these setting sprays don’t actually ‘fix’ your make up or make it last longer, but they will give it a dewy, more natural finish, which is exactly what I want!
Have you tried, or want to try any of these? Do you have any longwear foundation recommendations for dry skin?! Let me know below…