Monday Must-Haves is a new section that will run weekly. It’s a collection of must-have things that I’ve been obsessing over or lusting after, and I’m here to share the inspiration.
This week’s Monday Must-Haves has a summery theme (sorry to everyone in New Zealand, but it’s very hot here in Korea at the moment!) This collection includes things that will make summer brighter, easier and cooler.
- A floaty cotton kimono – These are very popular at the moment and are being worn in many situations, from festivals to street wear. They come in a million different styles, patterns and lengths and can be worn with any summer outfit. I recently bought a black floral translucent one from H&M but I would really like a lighter colour, and maybe a cotton version for more breathability. You can find many different styles (and price-ranges) at Asos.
- Sony Nex 5T mirrorless camera – Mirrorless cameras are the latest camera innovation which has made SLR-style cameras much smaller and lighter. They’re also a lot more affordable now! I’ve been using Rob’s Sony Nex for my photos, but I really want my own camera. The Nex 5T has a movable screen for selfie mode, a good kit lens and shoots great video. Perfect for makeup photos and for my upcoming trips to Hong Kong and Japan!
- Mac Retro Matte lipstick in All Fired Up – I love the Mac Retro Matte range. I have Ruby Woo which is a classic red and I love the matte finish because it’s so long-lasting. I looked again in MAC’s matte and retro matte ranges and I really liked All Fired Up which is a fuchsia pinky red. This colour is very bright but I feel it would be perfect for summer with dress shorts and a floaty shirt, while walking around Seoul, Hong Kong or Tokyo.
- Blueberry Ade – this is my favourite cafe drink at the moment. Luckily Korean’s seem to love it too, so it’s in every cafe here. It’s always made with real blueberries (usually frozen) and mixed with ice and lemonade. Its extremely refreshing, very sweet and a little bit tangy – perfect for muggy summer days! If you want to make it at home, try this recipe by Alton Brown.
- Urban Decay Naked 3 palette – I’ve been wanting a Naked palette for a while but I’ve spent months trying to figure out what the best colours would be to suit my skin tone. I’ve finally decided on the Naked 3 because I have very pale pink-toned skin, and I tend to wear pink-toned eyeshadows almost every day (brown is a little too dark for me). I’m not sure if I’ll buy this in Korea because I’m saving up for travelling soon, but maybe I’ll get it when I’m back in NZ.
What things have caught your eye this week? Let me know below…