I thought I would do a quick review of these cute sponge hair rollers because I tried them out on Saturday and they worked really well. I don’t like using my GHD too often, because even when I use a thermal spray my hair still ends up smelling burnt because it’s so thin and dry. I love having curly or wavy hair though, so I thought I would try out the very popular Etude House Strawberry Hair Rollers.
I’ve tried hair rollers before but they didn’t really do anything for me. Maybe they were too cheap or maybe I just wasn’t using them properly! I grabbed these when I got my Etude House haul online because I’ve been wanting to try them ever since I saw them in stores. Ok I know these look ridiculous, but hair rollers look silly anyway right?
I really love the soft sponge texture. They’re very light, don’t pull your hair and you can supposedly sleep with these in! They leave a very natural looking curl/wave and work with wet or dry hair. I think you could achieve a better and longer lasting curl if you used a hair conditioner or curl primer of some sort before hand. Overall I really love the soft natural curl these give, and they’re so much better for your hair than using heat.
How to use:
They come in a 4 pack and I only bought one pack because I wanted to try them out. 8-12 would be ideal for most people I think. I only used 4 in the above photo and it worked out ok for me because I have very thin hair, but I’ll definitely be buying another pack. Check out this tutorial for detailed instructions.
- Use on slightly wet or dry hair. For best results apply Argan oil or a curl conditioner/primer before hand.
- Place base of hair into the roller, and wrap hair round and round, tucking the ends in
- Grab both ends of the strawberry and twist in opposite directions to secure the hair
- Leave for 1-3 hours. Unwind and set with hairspray.
+ easy to use
+ give a good natural curl with no weird lumps or bumps
– you definitely need more than 1 pack
– can only buy online in most countries
– would probably fall out easily if you slept with them in
– don’t give a very tight curl
Would you use these curlers? How do you curl your hair?